So, the year has just started, and you have already broken your new year’s resolutions. The mindset starts to shift “Oh, I’ll get back on track next week…I have time.” and so it begins – you keep putting it off until that resolution is a distant memory. Just like millions of other people you are not alone. We start with good intentions then negative thinking creeps in. The ambition is there but the drive has fallen short. You’ve messed up…now what? Where do you go from here?
Sometimes we end up setting goals that are way too big for us to start without positive reinforcement. So instead of focusing on the goal, focus on building confidence and self-esteem. One way to do that is by reciting positive affirmations to yourself daily.
Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.–Lao Tzu
What are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are emotionally driven thoughts of self-encouragement. This form of optimistic, self-thinking helps to suppress conflicting feelings of stress, anxiety and depression. Positive affirmations allow you to rethink your thought process on how you tackle certain avenues within your life. It helps you to filter out what is important from what can wait.
When to Recite?
The answer to this question is easy; you want to recite an affirmation as often as possible. When you are constantly telling yourself that you are enough you start to believe it. The objective is to believe in what you are saying so that it reflects. Anytime that you feel any form of negativity creeping upon you, recite a positive affirmation or two to yourself. “I’m not going to make it.” needs to turn into “I’m here, so I’ve already made it!”
Positive Affirmation Examples
- My today is not contingent upon my past
- I am enough
- I am becoming the best version of myself with each passing day
- There will be no settling for anything less
- I will not limit myself on achieving my dreams
- I unequivocally rebuke any feelings of doubt that comes my way today
- My focus will not be on things that I cannot control but the things that I grow strength in
- Some progress adds up to a large result
- Yesterday was and will not be my today
- Today I choose to be happy
- Today was a great and monumental day
- I will surpass all things that choose to keep me bounded
- I am capable of achieving my goals and living out my dreams
- While focusing on the good, the negative decreases
- I am fearfully and wonderfully made
- Beautiful, smart and a strong force to be reckoned with
- I shall not limit myself in any way today
Positive affirmations yield positive results
Negative dedications equal vanquished capabilities-Cierra